Association of Tourism Officers
of the Philippines
20th National Convention
October 2 to 5, 2019
Tourism and Jobs:
A Better Future for All
To make sure you cover everything the Philippines has to offer, start right at the top! Ilocos Norte is the perfect start to an exciting adventure.
Long before the coming of the Spaniards, there existed an extensive region which was renowned for its gold mines. Merchants from Japan and China often visited the area to trade and the inhabitants of the region called their place “samtoy”, from “sao mi ditoy”, which literally meant “our language”. The Spanish colonization of Ilocos in 1572 was never completely successful. Products such as tobacco and basi (sugarcane wine) were monopolized by the government resulting to uprisings, Basi Revolt being the most noteworthy. The widespread unrest throughout the region led to the division of the old Provincia de Ilocos through a Royal Decree in February 2, 1818. After the creation of Ilocos Norte in 1818, the province increased in prosperity and many towns during this period built bigger stone and brick churches with massive belfries. Under the American regime, new schools, roads, bridges, dikes and government buildings were constructed. Today, Ilocos Norte has transitioned into a livable, sustainable and strong province.
Start your adventure in Laoag, the capital of Ilocos Norte and the hub of everything Ilocano. Visit the La Tabacalera Lifestyle Center and you’ll see. The World Heritage Site and the sand dunes of Paoay in the south, the ivory beaches and windmills of Pagudpud in the north, and the verdant mountains and tribal villages in the east are not more than an hour’s drive away.
The registration fee of PHP6,500.00 is inclusive of the convention kit, immersion tours and meals. Payments can be made in cash or in check payable to ATOP, Inc.
All transactions will be done at Fort Ilocandia Resort on October 2, 2019 (Wednesday) 7:30AM-3:00PM.
Schedule of Activities
October 2, 2019 (Wednesday)
- 7:30AM-3:00PM :: Registration at Fort Ilocandia Resort
- 4:00PM-5:00PM :: Sirib Mile to Provincial Capitol, Laoag
- 6:00PM :: Welcome Dinner, Capitol Complex-Laoag Plaza (Dress Code: Festival Costume)
October 3, 2019 (Thursday)
- 7:30AM-3:00PM :: Immersion Tours (Dress Code: Convention Shirt)
- 6:00PM :: Himala sa Buhangin, Sand Dunes (Dress Code: Boho/Filipino Resort)
October 4, 2019 (Friday)
Plaza del Norte Convention Center
- 8:00AM-10:00AM :: Guest of Honor and Speaker
- 10:00AM-12:00PM :: Panel Discussion
- 12:00PM-1:00PM :: Lunch
- 1:00PM-3:00PM :: Business Meeting
- 3:00PM-5:00PM :: Election of Officers (Dress Code: Business Attire)
- 6:00PM :: Pearl Awards & Culminating Event, Paoay Church (Dress Code: Formal-Filipino Fabric)
San Juan City Tourism and Cultural Affairs Office, Room 106, Upper Ground Floor, San Juan City Government Center, Pinaglabanan Road, San Juan City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1500